Dating duricrusts in central Amazonia, Brazil: relation with paleoclimate change
My project is about dating of lateritic duricrusts using (U-Th-Sm)/He dating of hematite and goethite and electron paramagnetic resonance spectroscopy dating of kaolinites. My working areas are in French Guyana and in Northern Brazil on the stable Guyana shield. One of my aims is to better understand helium diffusion in microcrystalline iron oxides. Therefor I will conduct He diffusion experiments and dating of hematite and goethite.
Heller B. M., Lünsdorf N. K., Dunkl I., Molnar F., von Eynatten H. (2019): Estimation of radiation damage in titanites using Raman spectroscopy. American Mineralogist (104), 857–868, https://doi.org/10.2138/am-2018-6681
Hueck M., Dunkl I., Heller B., Basei M.A.S. and Siegesmund S. (2018) ( U-Th )/ He: Thermochronology and Zircon Radiation Damage in the South American Passive Margin: Thermal Overprint of the Paraná LIP ? Tectonics (37), 18p.
Cukrov N., Bariši´c D., Heller B., Lojen S. and Cukrov N. (2013): Importance of representative sediment sample for environmental interpretation: a case study in the Krka river, Croatia. Natura Montenegrina, Podgorica 12 (3–4): p. 787–792.
Heller B.M., Dunkl I., Lünsdorf N.K., Molnár F., Huhma H., von Eynatten H.: “Titanite “crystallinity” determination for thermochronology”. Goldschmidt conference 2018, Boston, USA
Heller B.M., Dunkl I., Lünsdorf K., Molnár F., Huhma H., von Eynatten E.: “A practical method for titanite « crystallinity » determination for Thermochronology.” Thermo 2018, 16th International Conference on Thermochronology, Quedlinburg, Germany
Hueck M., Dunkl I., Heller B., Basei M.A.S. and Siegesmund S : “(U-Th)/He Thermochronology in the South American Passive Margin: Thermal Overprint of the Paraná LIP?” Thermo 2018, 16th International Conference on Thermochronology, Quedlinburg, Germany
Heller, B., Bressan-Riffel, S., Gautheron, C., Allard, T., Morin, G., Roig, J. and Coueffe, R.: “Insights into Fe-duricrust evolution in French Guiana using (U-Th-Sm)/He dating of supergene iron oxides and oxyhydroxides”, Conference Geomuenster2019, Münster, Germany
Heller, B., Bressan-Riffel, S., Gautheron, C., Allard, T., Morin, G., Roig, J. and Coueffe, R.: “Dating of weathering surfaces in French Guiana using the (U-Th-Sm)/He method to determine ages of supergene iron oxides and oxyhydroxides”, AGU conference 12/2019, San Francisco, USA
- Since 10/2018: University Paris Sud and Sorbonne University : PhD project “Dating duricrusts in central Amazonia, Brazil: relation with paleoclimate change”
- 11/2017–03/2018: Research assistant at the Institute for Sedimentology, University of Göttingen, Germany
- 2014–2017: Georg-August-University Göttingen, Germany: Master of Science in Geosciences, Scholarship by the German Academic Scholarship Foundation (07/2015–06/2017); Master’s thesis “Low T–thermochronology of the Archean, ore–bearing Hattu schist belt in Karelia, Finland”
- 02–07/2016: Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic: Exchange semester
- 2010–2014: Georg-August-University Göttingen, Germany: Bachelor of Science in Geosciences ; Bachelor’s thesis « U–Pb Geochronology and Hf–Isotopes in Zircons from basement rocks of Luís Alves Craton (Santa Catarina, Southern Brazil) »
- 2012–2013: University of Sao Paulo, Brazil: Exchange year, Scholarship by the German Academic Exchange Service
- 2011: Internship Rudjer Boskovic Institute Zagreb, Croatia and Jozef Stefan Institut Ljubljana, Slovenia (2 months)